26 May 2014

DIY bath salt


Hello all! How are you? Maybe in need of relaxation? What can be better then taking a bath with sea salt in it while reading a book.

 
I’m a huge fan of bath salts! After a long week, this is how I take time only for myself. 

Wondering why are bath salts good for us? They usually contain some kind of sea salt, and those are distilled directly from seawater. They contain beneficial minerals that are easily absorbed into our pores, which makes skin soft and smooth and helps to improve its tone and texture. They also don't conation any additives. But the benefits aren't only for our skin, but also for our soul or however you may call it. The magnesium itself and  essential oils helps us fight stress and relax. We are always on the go and usually forget to take time for ourselves and our mental health. I can't stress enough how important it is to stop and chill out a little.


I know there are lots of bath salts in drugstores, but I love DIY projects, so I thought why not make my own batch? I want to share this with you, because it’s so easy to make and you can choose the ingredients. As I was grabbing stuff that we had at home, mine is a bit more simple, but there are so many ways you can edit this. You can use different sizes of sea salts, more colors (or none), essential oils that are soothing to you, add normal oils (like almond oil), you can even add stuff like lavender buds or rose petals. 

Let me take through my process:


What you’ll need (for the amount seen in pictures below):
  • 250g sea salt
  • 20g baking soda
  • 1-2 drops of essential oil
  • Food or soap coloring – the amount is up to you, add little by little and see which color you like the most.

How to: 

1. First take a bowl and pour the sea salt in and add baking soda.
2. Then add essential oil and mix.



3. Add the coloring and again mix it all together.


4. Then just transfer it to some sort of container and that’s it.
5. Have a relaxing evening and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment