22 Jul 2014

Go neon or go home!


Well, the weather here isn’t really summerish (raaaain), so me and my nails are waiting for the sun to pop up again! When warmer months come around I immediately go for bright colors, with my clothes or my nails. It just makes me feel more alive and happy.
So today I want to show you my collection of neon nail polishes and encourage you to dare to be bold and rock it! It’s summertime, so timing couldn’t be better. And you can pair them with anything really, because they stand out with their own uniqueness. The only downfall is that they can be really tricky to apply. I don’t care for nail polishes that aren’t opaque in max two layers, so unfortunately I don’t use as many neons as I want. And another thing, they are so hard to photograph! I don't know what the deal is, but no matter what kind of light I use, the color is never the same as in person. So keep in mind that these are much, much brigther and richer in real life.

Here they are:




  • Kiko, 854 – A bright mint.
  • Forever 21, Lime – Bright green with a yellow undertone.
  • Maybelline Colorama Bleached neons, 244 – A mixture of yellow and light green. I loooove this color, (it reminds me of OPI Life Gave Me Lemons, which I want), but the formula is terrible, so I wouldn’t recommend it to you.
  • Maybelline Colorama, 83 – Bright pink.
  • OPI, LiveLoveCarneval – I don’t even know how to describe this color as it changes every time I move to another environment. It somewhere between red, coral and pink.
  • China Glaze, Neon & on & on – Bright light pink. It has summer written all over it. I am wearing it right now, as you can see in the picture bellow.


I also want a yellow one, which is my favorite color, but they are an extra pain in the ass to paint on your nails and I don’t have nerves for that.

What do you think about neons? 
Have a bright day, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment