2 Sep 2014

My most used makeup brushes

For a long time I only used my hands for applying my makeup. Around 7 years ago I bought my first brush, it was Alima Pure #25 foundation brush and today I can't imagine applying my makeup any other way.

Base brushes:

Real Techniques Buffing Brush (part of Core collection)

Great for applying foundation. Finish look is vey natural, well blended.

Real Techniques detailer brush(also part of Core collection)

Heaven for covering up blemishes with concealer. 



This is very good brush for applying mineral powders and also for applying powder over foundation. It picks up a bit more product, that's why I recommend applying powder little by little, otherwise you may end up with cakey look. Brush is super soft, I have it for around 7 years now and it is still the same as when I bought it.

 


Brushes for eyes & brows:

Great for the finishing touch after filling the eyebrows and I also love other side with metal comb. It separates lashes well.

Nina recommended me this one. At first I didn't like it. But after a while when I learn right way to apply gel eyeliner and also blend lower line with it for more "soft look", I started using it every day! It is super precise, exactly what Nina told me I can expect.

I'm using this one to fill in my eyebrows. It is thin and when you flip it over it is little wider.

Not too big, not too small, perfect shape for applying base color eyeshadow.


As you probably noticed, I'm a big fan of Alima Pure and Real Technique brushes. I think they're amazing. Quality is great, I wash them every 10 days and they are  still as new. Also they  have Taklon bristles, that mean they are 100% cruelty free and perfect for sensitive skin. 


Do you have any recommendation for good makeup brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment