10 Oct 2014

In mood for a great read?

Hello all!

I’m back with another book. This one is for all the romantic souls out there, who doesn’t mind to shed a tear while reading. The book is called Hopeless and is written by Colleen Hoover.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15717943-hopeless


Narrator of the story is a girl named Sky. The other main character is guy with a bad reputation named Dean. Sound cliché, right? Well it’s not. Yes, this is a love story, but the background behind it is so strong that you are left speechless. The story has so many ups and downs and they are all connected, but you only realize that at the end of the book. It's so well written, from all the love scenes, to tragic devastating scenes and funny lines. As the story unfolds, it hits directly to the heart.
There are many secrets that are important in this story and I don’t want to spoil that for you. That’s making it kinda hard to write a review of this book, but I really wanted you to know that it exist. I thought I would just list down a few of my favorite quotes so you can easily decide if this is something you would want to read. Some of the them may sound cheesy, but when you read them in context, they are just…special.

“The things that knock you down in life are tests, forcing you to make a choice between giving in and remaining on the ground or wiping the dirt off and standing up even taller than you did before you were knocked down. ”

“Thank you for knowing exactly how to handle me, because sometimes I'm not even sure how to handle myself.”

“F#%k all the firsts, Sky. The only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers.”

“It's real, Six. You can't get mad at a real ending. Some of them are ugly. It's the fake happily ever afters that should piss you off.”

You don't deserve words, Sky. You deserve actions.”

“One of the things I love about books is being able to define and condense certain portions of a character's life into chapters. It's intriguing, because you can't do this with real life. You can't just end a chapter, then skip the things you don't want to live through, only to open it up to a chapter that better suits your mood. Life can't be divided into chapters... only minutes. The events of your life are all crammed together one minute right after the other without any time lapses or blank pages or chapter breaks because no matter what happens life just keeps going and moving forward and words keep flowing and truths keep spewing whether you like it or not and life never lets you pause and just catch your fucking breath.
I need one of those chapter breaks. I just want to catch my breath, but I have no idea how.”

Ps. Coollen also wrote a follow-up book named Losing Hope, the same story just from Deans perspective, but I didn’t like it as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment