2 Mar 2015

Review:Natural lipbalms



I love natural, organic ingredients, especially in lip products. Here are reviews for natural lipbalms I've tried till now:


I’ve tried Alima Pure lipbalm, in tinted version (review here) and I have the same opinion for nontinted version. Very moisturizing, it softens lips, I love minty feeling on my lips, it stays on your lips for some time. It was pricey. Unfortunately they stopped producing them. (Yup, I’m going to climb on a first tree, and cry like a river.)

Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip balm. Huh, I found it moisturizing and it does soften lips. But I must warn you about a very strong, minty feeling after use. I think they’re adding a little bit too much essential oil to their lipbalms. It stays on the lips for the longest of them all, because it is very waxy. It is a little bit pricey.

Bee Natural Acai berry lipbalm was a recommendation from my lovely co-blogger Nina. This is one of her favourite lipbalms. I think it softens lips and moisturizes them, it stays on your lips for some time. The taste of acai berries was nice sweet-sour, very interesting. I like this lipbalm, but it wasn’t the best for me, because I prefer minty lipbalms more. I must definitely try it in minty version too. It isn’t pricey at all! Overall, good product.

Alverde Lippen balsam was ok, but nothing special. It was moisturizing, but it didn’t soften lips a lot, I had to reapply it often if I wanted more softer lips. It isn’t pricey, the taste of cherries and cacao was yummy. Not the best, but good product.

Figg & Rouge lip, face hand & body balm was horrible, I didn’t find it moisturizing, it didn’t soften my lips and it was pricey. I was using it just for my lips, because my version had shimmer in it. You can also use this product also for hands, face, and body. I would not buy this product again.


Conclusion: I would love to buy Burt’s Bees and Bee Natural lipbalms again, others not so much.


9 comments:

  1. I like the long lasting nature & oils of Burt's Bees, especially the other flavors like passionfruit.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for recommendation, I might try it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try something form Burt's Bees and that lipbalm sounds reaally good! Thank you for this post - was very helpful :)

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Burt's Bees, they do great tinted ones!

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I agree with you, very cool brand. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was also my first product from this brand and now I want to try more of their products. :) My wallet won't be so happy. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Yup, It's pretty good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yess, I noticed they have some really nice colors :) xx

    ReplyDelete